5 Ways Pharmacists Are Helping People Live Healthier Lives
Imagine having an extreme headache and not having the facility of fetching medicines or getting hospitalized with an exorbitant bill just for mere fever. Well, things would have been so complicated had there been no pharmacists around.
A pharmacy is a place where medicines are prepared, checked, legalized, and supplied to the people whereas, a pharmacist is a person who is qualified to prepare and sell medicines and drugs, but as prescribed by a doctor.
Over the years, the preparation of medicines has changed from being hand-made to factory-made. However, the involvement of a human mind has remained constant in the supervising process. Creating new drugs and developing the old ones require both efforts and excellence. A pharmacist ought to have both.
5 ways pharmacists are helping people live healthier lives are:
1. During a health emergency, the first place we head towards is a pharmacy. Some local pharmacists are trusted even more than doctors. They have the right advice for their customers. In case of minor health issues, people generally prefer going to these pharmacists for medications over visiting a doctor. This is due to the trust they have in their pharmacists and to prevent unnecessary expenditure at the hospital. Thus a pharmacy is the most convenient place to go to during minor health concerns.
2. The pharmacists also actively contribute to providing its customers, facilities for blood sugar level testing, and blood pressure level testing. These facilities are generally not available at places other than a pharmacy. Regular sugar and pressure testing enable a person to keep track of their health conditions and maintain a record of it. Some pharmacies taking care of elderly patients also give additional advantages to them, like their priority is medical testing. This is a good initiative keeping in mind the sensitivity of elderly patients.
3. As soon as some new vaccinations come into the market, you will find a pharmacy in every locality advertising about them and making people aware of its availability. At some pharmacies, you will even find facilities to have the vaccination done for the customers. This is to avoid the hassle and provide the common people vaccines at the easiest. Some pharmacists give free vaccinations to people living below the poverty line.
4. Apart from medicines, pharmacies also keep regular medical necessities like sanitary napkins, baby essentials, condoms, hair oils, contraceptives, etc. These things are essential for daily purposes, and their easy availability at the pharmacies makes it very convenient for the people. Disinfectants like tetanus are readily available at the pharmacies.
5. The pharmacists helping control the spread of COVID-19 are contributing to the welfare of our society. The circulating false rumours regarding the pandemic are everywhere. Among all these confusions, it is the pharmacies that are helping ordinary people get the right information. They are making people aware of the importance of specific rules that are adopted by the government.
Various factors make us dependent on the pharmacist. The pharmacy careers are lucrative as well as responsible. Sometimes the wrong medicine can cause great harm. The pharmacist should be accountable for his choice of medication. There are several good local pharmacies in Liverpool that are viable for a visit.